Follow Mark of Finland as he starts his new life in Auckland, New Zealand. Markku is an IT project manager who recently came to New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa. Below are Markku’s videos of Auckland, which also include some great footage of his trips to other parts of New Zealand. In these videos you can follow Markku as he gets set-up in Auckland: he moves from AirBnB to a flat (=house shared with other people), gets his NZ driver license, buys a car, looks for a job, finds work, makes friends, all while managing to fit in a whole heap of travel and fun activities. These videos will show you a wide variety of things you can do in Auckland and great places you can visit near Auckland. On Markku’s YouTube channel you can see even more videos of his time in New Zealand.
This is just some of what Markku gets up to in New Zealand:
- Lots of surfing
- Diving (and he saw the shipwreck of Greenpeace’s Rainbow Warrior, sunk in 1985)
- Worked as an extra in a soap opera and a TV movie
- Played ice hockey and inline hockey
- Went camping in the Coromandel, where he visited Cathedral Cove (made famous by the Narnia movie) and Hot Water beach
- Saw a Shakespeare play at a pop-up Globe theatre
- Visited Hobbiton
- Swam at at waterfall
- Saw a castle on Auckland’s North Shore
Subscribe to Markku’s YouTube channel to see more of his adventures in New Zealand and his life in Auckland.