Working at Languages International
As New Zealand’s borders re-open and language learners return, we need to hire teachers and teacher trainers again. If you are interested in joining our teaching staff, send your C.V. to Nick Moore, with a covering letter saying why you would be suited to working at Languages International.
If you are not a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, you should look at www.immigration.govt.nz.
In addition to native-speaker competence in English, teaching staff must have at least:
- a degree; and
- the Cambridge CELTA or an equivalent* such as the Trinity Certificate in TESOL.
*If you have an alternative qualification and want to assess whether it is equivalent, have a look at the CELTA outline. The key point is that the qualifications must include an assessed practicum.
For more senior positions, we are also interested in teachers with substantial experience and:
- The Cambridge DELTA; or
- A Masters in Applied Linguistics (M. App. Ling) or equivalent.
We look for teachers with the following attributes:
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning;
- Professionalism and a desire to improve your teaching skills;
- Ability to contribute to a team;
- A commitment to providing a well-rounded, positive experience for international students.
What we offer
Alongside the great location, wide range of nationalities and varied academic programme that we provide for our students, we offer:
- The opportunity to work with skilled, experienced, well-qualified and supportive colleagues
- A comprehensive professional development programme, with personal coaching, group workshops, observations and the regular opportunity to do the Cambridge DELTA
- Competitive, professional contracts, and a career structure.
Key employment dates
We are busy throughout the year, so it is always worth putting in an application, but we are particularly busy:
- From the beginning of January;
- From late July;
- From mid-September;
It’s best to put in applications for these dates at least 6 weeks to a month beforehand.
Languages International is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.