Equal opportunities organisation:

At Languages International, we promote and protect the values of respect, dignity and equality for every student and staff member, regardless of race, sex, religion, political opinion, national origins, employment status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, social status, age or any other characteristic.

Code of Practice:

Languages International has agreed to observe and be bound by the The Tertiary and International Learners Code of Practice, administered by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the NZQA website.

Fees and Accommodation Payments:

An independent Trustee holds tuition Fees and Accommodation payments, made by students in advance, in an independent Trust Account. Funds held by the Trustee substantially exceed all payments made in advance by students.


Prices quoted on this website are in New Zealand dollars and include GST where applicable.


If you want to complain about Languages International…

If you have a problem, please let us know. You can talk to your teacher, a student counsellor or one of our office staff. You can also make an appointment to see the school Director.

Our school is a member of English New Zealand. If you have a complaint we haven’t been able to resolve, you may wish to write to our professional body and ask for assistance. The address is English New Zealand, PO Box 35283, Christchurch 8640. You can phone 03 386 1222 or email admin@englishnewzealand.co.nz

If English New Zealand is unable to resolve your problem, or if you do not think your complaint has been dealt with adequately, you can contact the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) if your complaint is about the The Tertiary and International Learners Code of Practice. You can contact NZQA by phone on 0800 697 296 or email qadrisk@nzqa.govt.nz.

If it is a financial or contractual dispute, you can contact iStudent Complaints by phone on 0800 00 66 75. More information is available on the iStudent Complaints website: http://www.fairwayresolution.com/istudent-complaints.

NZQA has produced a brochure for international students about the complaints process: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/Providers-and-partners/Code-of-Practice/int-students-make-a-complaint-updated.pdf


Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.

Eligibility for Health Services:

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at www.moh.govt.nz.

Accident Insurance:

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at www.acc.co.nz.

Medical and Travel Insurance:

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand.