Your First Day at Languages International
On your first Monday, please come to our Reception in 27 Princes St by 08:30. If you are in a homestay, your host family will help you to come to school.
After a placement test and interview, you have an orientation with one of our foreign language Student Advisors. They tell you about your classes and the school facilities, and give you some advice on how to get the most out of your New Zealand experience. They talk to you about life here, including using the buses and opening a bank account. You also have a guided tour of the school and surrounding areas. Our foreign language Student Advisors are also available in future weeks to answer any questions you may have.
What to bring to school on your first day
- your passport (original, not a photocopy)
- your visa letter, in hard copy or electronic form
- a passport-sized photo (for your student ID card)
- a pen
- your WiFi enabled device (smartphone, tablet or laptop)
- your insurance information
Find out more by downloading our Student Guide (PDF).