Empire provides student accommodation in a quiet location in the heart of Auckland City. Empire is situated only 10 to 15 minutes’ on foot from Languages International.
Empire offers single rooms in shared three-bedroom apartments. Each room is equipped with a phone line and broadband internet facilities (extra fee applies). Studio apartments may also be available. Please enquire for details. Empire also provides coin-operated laundry facilities and an on-site restaurant.
Empire Features & Facilities
- Telephone and Broadband internet access in every room (extra fee applies)
- Monitored security system, electronic swipe cards, lockable bedrooms
- Opening windows
- Café/bar and internet café on-site
- Coin-operated laundry facility
- Common room with big-screen TV and satellite channels
- Weekly housekeeping service
Apartment / bedroom options
- Single room in a shared apartment
- Studio apartment
- Kitchen area with microwave oven, refrigerator and cooking equipment
- Study desk
- Small lounge in two and three-bedroom shared apartments
Room Plans (Examples Only)
Single Room in a Shared Apartment
- Minimum stay 4 weeks.
- A booking cannot be guaranteed until payment has been received.
- Bookings can only be confirmed for the period that has been paid for.
- Two weeks’ notice is required to change the length of stay of a booking, after the 4-week minimum stay period. Languages International will refund any prepaid fees after the 4-week minimum stay and the 2-week notification period.
- Accommodation fees are to be paid directly to Languages International in advance.
Prices 2019 / 2020
These are the prices for a single room in a 3-bedroom apartment in 2019 and 2020. Note that these prices are given as examples and the actual price per week will depend on the exact number of weeks booked.
Length of stay
|Less than 4 weeks||$74 per night / $518 per week|
|4 weeks||$290 per week + $300 fees*: $365 per week|
|6 weeks||$290 per week + $300 fees*: $340 per week|
|12 weeks||$270 per week + $300 fees*: $295 per week|
|24 weeks||$270 per week + $300 fees*: $282.50 per week|
* $300 move-in and cleaning fees – not refundable. $300 security deposit – refundable if all keys and cards, utensil and bedding packages are returned upon departure. Total $600 to be paid at Empire on arrival.
Price per week includes
- Electricity and water
- Weekly housekeeping
- Bed linen (sheet and pillow-case)
$300 (cash or credit card) to be paid directly to Empire on arrival. Your bond is returned to you on departure if there is no damage to the apartment. If you pay your bond by credit card, your refund will be paid to your credit card. If you pay by cash, you will receive a your refund as a bank cheque. You cannot get a cash refund. Please note, if you use a credit card, the refund amount you receive in your local currency may differ slightly from the amount you pay due to exchange rate fluctuations and bank fees. Also, the bond refund may take up to working 15 days. We recommend you pay cash to avoid the expense and delay. Students and Empire staff do a full room inspection together on arrival, and then a final inspection on departure.
$300 to be paid directly to Empire on arrival. This fee covers a kitchen equipment package, a bedding package (pillow and duvet) and room cleaning on departure. The kitchen and bedding packages must be returned to Empire on departure.
Weekly cleaning service covers the apartment’s common areas – kitchen, bathroom and living area. Cleaning of bedrooms is the responsibility of each guest. You can exchange your used bed linen for clean bed linen at reception once a week. Other day-to-day cleaning of the apartment is the responsibility of those sharing the apartment.
Coin-operated laundry on site.
Telephone and Internet
There are phone and internet connections in each room. Please see below for details.
Office Hours Normal office hours are 8.00 am to 11.00 pm daily, dial 0 from your room. After hours, press the buzzer next to the Empire night door or call +64 9 950 9000 to speak to the night duty staff.
Bedding & Linen Bed linen (sheet and pillow-case) is provided and can be exchanged for clean bed linen once a week at reception.
Towels are not included. Towels are available at reception to buy.
Phone* Price per call: 25 cents per local call; calling cards for long-distance calls can be purchased at the Columbia MiniMart, 15 Whitaker Place.
Internet* Charges start from $10 for 1GB over 7 days. See Empire reception for set up. There is also an internet cafe 5 minutes’ walk away, charges apply.
* Prices are accurate as at July 2019 and may change without notice.
This map shows student accommodation locations in relation to the school. (Click on the “-” button on the map if you cannot see the place markers.)
View Auckland Student Residences and Serviced Apartments in a larger map