YMCA provides clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices in the heart of Auckland City. The hostel caters for diverse lengths of stay. All the rooms have a bed, bar fridge, linen, towels and a wardrobe.
Type of Accommodation
YMCA Hostel offers over 100 private single rooms. The toilet, shower and kitchen are shared with the other residents on the same floor. There is 1 shower per 8 guests and 1 toilet per 6 guests (According to the Qualmark assessment rating system, this is the ratio for 5-Star properties). There are 2 kitchens on 2 different floors.
- Free Wifi
- Public lounge with Sky satellite TV and a library of books
- Dining room with TV and DVD player
- Kitchenette (Cutlery and kitchen essentials can be hired at YMCA’s reception.)
- Laundry with soap
- Telephone booth with call forwarding to take incoming calls
- Pool table
- Public parking from 6 pm to 7 am on weekdays and all day at weekends
- Option of joining the YMCA gym next door.
- Single bed
- Storage space
- Desk with a chair
- Well lit with 2 lights and a clear window to get plenty of sunlight
Cancellation must be a minimum of 7 days prior to arrival date. Cancellation after the minimum of 7 days will result in a one-week cancellation fee (one week at the weekly rate).
Short term students (from 1 to 4 weeks) need to provide their credit card details as a guarantee when they check in. Long term students (staying over 4 weeks) need to pay a $140 bond.
Arrival and Departure
Check-in: 2 pm
Check-out: 10 am
Late check-out available upon request
Noise and Restrictions
Guests must keep the noise level to a minimum after 10 pm. YMCA Hostel is an alcohol and drug free accommodation. Therefore, you cannot drink or use illegal substances on the premises.
Visitors have to provide information and sign the guest book at the reception. If a guest wants to have a visitor after 11 pm, they need to pay a $20 fee and must book this before 11 pm.
Bed linen and towels
All the linen and towels are included. Linens are changed once a week. Housekeeping vacuums the room and empties the rubbish bin daily from Monday to Thursday. Deep cleaning is available upon request for $25. You can hire a vacuum from reception for personal use.
YMCA Hostel has several security cameras. There is a Security Guard from 11 pm to 7 am. Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers are installed to prevent fire hazards.
The YMCA gym is just next door. You have a 1-day free trial, then you can join the gym for $27.50 per week.
- 2 minutes’ walk from Karangahape Road, Auckland’s multi-cultural suburb and clubbing district
- 5 minutes’ walk from Queen Street, the CBD with fantastic shopping
- 10 minutes’ walk from Ponsonby, Auckland’s trendiest inner city suburb full of bars restaurants and cafes
- 15 minutes’ walk from Languages International
This map shows student accommodation locations in relation to the school. (Click on the “-” button on the map if you cannot see the place markers.)
View Auckland Student Residences and Serviced Apartments in a larger map