The TOEFL® test is the leading English-language test for study, immigration and work. TOEFL scores are accepted by more than 10,000 universities and other institutions in over 150 countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the U.K., the United States, and all across Europe and Asia.
- The TOEFL iBT® test, administered via the internet, measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your reading, listening, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
- There is no passing or failing TOEFL score; individual higher education institutions and agencies set their own score requirements. For the TOEFL iBT test, you will receive 4 scaled section scores and a total score:
- Reading Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Listening Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Speaking Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Writing Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Total Score (0–120)
- TOEFL scores are accepted in New Zealand:
- by all universities; you should check directly with your intended university to determine what score you need to achieve to qualify for entry.
- by most other educational institutions; you can check the NZQA table of English proficiency outcomes to find out what score you need.
- by Immigration New Zealand, to fulfil requirements for some visa classes.
Languages International provides Certified Test Administration Services (CTAS) for the TOEFL iBT test. The test is available at least once a month at Languages International. If you want to sit the TOEFL iBT test, go to the TOEFL test website to register and pay for your test and to see the extensive range of test preparation resources produced by the TOEFL program.
- Cost: US$270 (price subject to change without notice)
TOEFL and TOEFL iBT are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the United States and other countries. Languages International is entirely responsible for the content of this website.