Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design, established in 1982 and located in Parnell, Auckland is an award-winning specialist in tertiary arts and design education.
Internationally-recognised programmes at Certificate, Degree, Postgraduate Diploma and Masters levels are offered in FINE ARTS, PHOTO MEDIA, FASHION DESIGN, GRAPHIC DESIGN, ARTS MANAGEMENT and ARTS THERAPY.
Whitecliffe delivers contemporary and internationally relevant programmes which are taught by practising artists, designers, educators and researchers. Students develop creative and critical thinking, research, communication and presentation skills, and are exposed to the contemporary arts and design world through exhibitions, internships, international guests and industry professionals. Independence, creativity and risk-taking are strongly encouraged within Whitecliffe programmes from certificate to postgraduate level.
Whitecliffe graduates are articulate, creative thinkers with broad skills and a high level of industry standard technical proficiency. They create powerful and compelling visual expressions of their ideas, are leaders in the creative industries, and shape contemporary culture.
Whitecliffe is ranked by The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) as a Category One education provider.
1. Foundation Certificates: NZQF Level 4
- CERTIFICATE IN ARTS AND DESIGN
- CERTIFICATE IN DIGITAL MEDIA AND DESIGN
- 18 weeks with July and February intakes each year
- No portfolio required
- 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
2. Degree level: Bachelor of Fine Arts NZQF Level 7
- FINE ARTS
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- PHOTO MEDIA
- FASHION DESIGN
- One intake a year in February
- Portfolio required
- 6.0 IELTS or equivalent
- MASTER OF FINE ARTS
- ARTS MANAGEMENT: Postgraduate Diploma and Masters
- ARTS THERAPY: Postgraduate Diploma and Masters (Clinical)
- All postgraduate programmes are low-residency so students are able to work and study
- 6.5 IELTS or equivalent
Whitecliffe recommends Languages International’s English for University programme to help students gain the language and study skills needed to succeed in their courses.