At Languages International, we know it’s important to help protect our natural environment, in New Zealand and around the world. So in our schools, we take some actions to make our impact on the environment as small as possible. Here are some things that Languages International is doing:
- We try to reduce the amount of materials and energy that we use – photocopying as little as possible, using our web site and e-mails instead of brochures and faxes, and remembering to turn off lights, heaters and other equipment when they’re not in use.
- We reuse materials when we can, especially photocopy paper.
- We try to reduce the amount of waste we produce by recycling as much as possible – paper, plastic, metal and glass – and by collecting our food waste to make into compost.
- We are installing energy-efficient systems where we can – compact fluorescent lamps, for example.
- We and our students take part in conservation activities as part of our Social Programme.
For more information on New Zealand’s response to climate change, please visit: http://www.mfe.govt.nz/climate-change/