At Languages International, you can combine the best English language courses with the opportunity to practice English in the real world as well. We offer work experience programs that combine study at Languages International and employment in a New Zealand workplace.
Our partner, INTERNeX, has a lot of experience and expertise in advising international students and helping them with work placements. Together, INTERNeX and Languages International will advise and support you as you go through your study and work experience.
There are three programs available: Kiwi Work Assistance, Work & Travel Support and Internships Placement. Choosing the right program for you depends mainly on the kind of visa you have, your English level, your education and work background, and your reason for wanting to work in New Zealand.
For students who want to get part-time work while they study, to earn some money and get a taste of working in New Zealand.
- The aims of this program are to prepare you to find work, provide you with some great employment opportunities and then help you to enjoy your busy study, work and leisure time in New Zealand!
- This program is mainly for students who hold a Student visa with part-time work rights. Students with a Working Holiday visa can also participate in this program.
- You will need to study at Languages International for at least 14 weeks in order to get a Student visa. Please go to the Immigration New Zealand website for more details about getting a Student visa.
- Cost: $400 for support for the duration of your Student visa.
Work & Travel Support
For students who want to get general experience of working in New Zealand and earn some money to help support their study or travel.
- The primary goals of this program are to make sure that you get information you need about working in New Zealand, help to find a job in the location that you want and support for the whole time that you are in New Zealand.
- You need to have a Working Holiday visa and at least an intermediate (B1) level of English to participate in this program. You can check your English level in our online pre-test.
- You should study at Languages International for 4 weeks or more before you start to work so you can get used to New Zealand, make some new friends and brush up your English in preparation for working.
- Cost: $600 for up to 12 months’ support.
For students who want to get specific, professional experience in a New Zealand workplace that is relevant to their area of study or training.
- The aims of this program are to evaluate your education and work background, assess your needs and then place you in an internship where you can reach your goals and fulfil your interests.
- Internships can be in professional areas such as business administration, marketing, operations, human resources, finance, media, not-for-profit organizations and sporting industries, in the hospitality and tourism industry, or in the New Zealand farming sector.
- You need to have a Working Holiday visa or a Student and Trainee Work visa to participate in this program. There might be other possibilities, so if you cannot get one of these visas, please contact us so that we can advise you. Your level of English needs to be upper intermediate (B2), and you can check your English level in our online pre-test.
- Even if your level of English is quite high, we recommend that you study at Languages International for at least 4 weeks before you start your internship so you can get used to New Zealand, make some new friends and brush up your English in preparation for working.
- Cost: $1,200 for internship placement and up to 12 months’ support.
If you have any questions about our work experience programs, please contact Brett.