New Zealand is a great place to learn English
New Zealand is…
- about the same size as Great Britain or Japan with a population of about 4 million
- a safe, peaceful and politically stable country
- famous for its warm, friendly people
New Zealand offers you…
- a great place to study English
- an excellent quality of life
- a safe and relaxing place to travel
- spectacular and beautiful scenery, perfect for sightseeing and trekking
- a huge variety of adventure sports
- the opportunity to experience Maori culture
Cost of Living
New Zealand is cheaper than many other countries. The 2011 Mercer Worldwide Cost of Living Survey ranked NZ’s largest city, Auckland, 118th out of the 214 cities surveyed. (1 = most expensive, 214 = least expensive) For prices of some things you might buy in NZ, see here: cost of living.
If you are studying for less than 3 months you might not need a visa. Check the visa-free list on the Immigration New Zealand website to see if you will need a visa for a course of less than 12 weeks.
Generally, if you are studying more than 3 months, you will require a student visa. See the Immigration New Zealand website for more details concerning your country.
||Sep – Nov||Dec – Feb||Mar – May||Jun – Aug|
daily max / min
|18 °C / 11 °C||24 °C / 12 °C||20 °C / 13 °C||15 °C / 9 °C|
|Auckland rain days||12||8||11||15|
daily max / min
|17 °C / 7 °C||22 °C / 12 °C||18 °C / 8 °C||12 °C / 3 °C|
|Christchurch rain days||7||7||7||7|
A good source of information about New Zealand is www.purenz.com.